Establishing a mental health liaison work stream for Bradford District Care NHS Trust
The purpose of the project was to establish the mental health liaison work stream, and agree a collaborative approach to deliver and demonstrate improvements in the delivery of liaison in mental health care.
The specific project objectives were to:
- Establish a shared understanding across West Yorkshire of the range of problems being experienced in the delivery of high quality liaison mental health care
- Establish a shared understanding across West Yorkshire of the range of opportunities and ideas for improvement available to or being pursued by service providers
- Agree a common set of information to be gathered by service providers to enable benchmarking of progress in the delivery of liaison mental health care
- Agree the key elements of a common operational model for the delivery of liaison mental health care
- Agree an action plan and working method for progress towards the standards set out in the common operational model.
The main deliverables were agreed to be:
- An analysis of the pattern of problems, opportunities and ideas for improvement
- A quality benchmarking framework
- The key elements of the common operational model
- An action plan and working method for local services to work collaboratively towards the common operational model
Qualitative work took the form of a series of direct interviews to assess views and experiences in relation to the project objectives, as well as two group workshops. Quantitative work was undertaken by preparing a data schedule that contained suggested indicators that could be collected and used to inform the benchmarking framework.
All of the deliverables were supplied as requested, and handed over to the client for implementation.